The Telstra Mobile Wi-Fi 4G device is a great way to get your Wi-Fi compatible devices online when you’re out of the office, or share your internet connection with work colleagues in the same area.
These small, lightweight mobile broadband devices share the latest Long Term Evolution (LTE) network technology in 4G coverage areas with up to 5 Wi-Fi compatible devices simultaneously, such as your compatible laptop, PC, smartphone or tablet.
It’s easy to get started: just insert a SIM card into the device and your mobile broadband network is ready to go. There’s no software to be installed.
- Allows you to connect up to 5 Wi-Fi enabled devices such as a tablet, laptop or PC
- Typical 4G download speeds between 2Mbps and 40Mbps and upload speeds between 1Mbps and 10Mbps in 4G coverage areas (in all Capital CBDs)
- Outside 4G areas, the device automatically switches to Telstra’s fastest available 3G speeds
- Compact and lightweight device with a LED display
- Up to 4 hours battery life (100 hours standby).
Typical speeds: From 2Mbps to 40Mbps download speeds and 1Mbps to 10Mbps upload speeds in Capital CBDs, associated airports and selected regional locations*
Compatible O/S: Android™, iOS, MAC OS X, Windows® OS
Wireless: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
LCD Screen: 24 x 12mm
Wi-Fi Security: WPA2 down to WEP is supported. MAC IP Filtering and Port Forwarding.
Battery Life: Active up to 4 hours.
Standby time: up to 100 hours.
* Capital CBD means within 5km of the GPO of capital cities. Selected regional areas means within 3km of the town centre for the selected region allocations. Actual speeds vary due to factors such as distance from the base station, local terrain, user numbers, hardware and software configuration and download source/upload destination. When outside the 4G/LTE areas the Telstra USB 4G modem will automatically switch over to Telstra’s advanced High Speed Packet Access or HSPA enabled 3G network which is available across more than 2.1M square kilometres to 99% of the population. Visit www.telstra.com.au for details of coverage locations.