Evotec offers Safety and Power Site Audits to help ensure your organisation meets the new Residual Current Device (Safety Switch) legislation.
All employers and owners (controllers) of premises are required to protect workers with RCD safety switches on each electrical outlet socket where reasonably practicable by December 2014.
RCDs must be regularly tested every 6 months to 2 years, depending on the industry and records must be kept. Evotec RCD site records are maintained securely both off and on-site and backed up electronically.
Electrical and Communications Cabling Director, Peter Carr, said the new Evotec audit service would assist customers in complying with the legislation, both in fitting the RCDS and ensuring the devices are regularly tested.
“Many customers already have devices in place and will only need their RCDs tested every two years, but it’s important to check that your devices are not just circuit breakers that don’t comply with the new rules.”
Evotec’s obligation-free Electrical Safety and Environmental Assessment Audits include:
- Site map and location of existing and/or proposed RCD devices
- Assessment of any hostile environments and portable electrical device usage
- Proposal and costing for any equipment and works required to bring the site to meet the new standards.
- Proposal and costing for any ongoing Evotec Electrical Safety and Environmental Maintenance Agreement to ensure your site’s safety requirements are met and any opportunity to reduce power costs are identified.
As part of the audit, our qualified electrical engineers can also review your requirements for:
- Test and tagging of all electrical devices
- Check and test of Emergency Exit Lighting
- Check and test general lighting
- Thermal scanning and current testing for preventative maintenance of power circuits
- Environmental Lighting Check and Test – provide obligation-free quotations and ROI estimates on replacing high-power consumption lighting with green lighting options in both fluorescent and LED lighting.
Following your free site audit, you will receive a comprehensive written report and proposal detailing our assessment of your options to meet your industry’s legislative requirements. We will also offer a support agreement to carry out the required schedule of tests and checks.
If you would like to take advantage of this free offer, please contact us on 1300 133 996.