Slightly bigger than its predecessor, with a screen size of 1,920 x 1,080 pixels, and with improved looks, water-resistance, and improved battery life, Samsung’s GALAXY S5 looks set to be a winner in the ultra-competitive upper end of the mobile phone wars.
The S5 16 megapixel camera comes with some cool new features, like S Health fitness software that includes a heart rate monitor.
Prolonged Battery Life With Power-Saving Mode: Enabling “power saving mode” turns the screen to monochrome and reduces background processes and limits access to apps. This means your Samsung Galaxy S5 can last for up to 24 hours on standby with a charge of 10%.”
Fingerprint Scanner for PayPal payments: The S5’s fingerprint scanner is more than just a user-security feature. You can use PayPal to pay for goods with the scanner and Samsung is expected to partner with more companies in future to enable secure payments via finger print scanners.
Easy to add more storage: Need more storage? -Buy a microSD card with 64 GB of storage and place it in the in-built microSD slot.
Kid’s mode: The new Samsung Galaxy S5 allows the user to flag apps as “kids-friendly, restricting access to many important and exclusive items/apps/data in the smartphone.
Phone Doubles as a Remote: Its “built-in infrared blaster” can control any media device that uses a standard IR remote.
Water-Proof: If all required socket plugs are in place, Samsung Galaxy S5 is certified to be water-resistant for 30 minutes at a depth of up to 3 feet.
- Connects to 4G on the Telstra Mobile Network
- 5.1 inches full 1080p HD Super AMOLED display
- Intelligent 16 megapixel camera
- 16GB on board memory, expandable up to 64GB via MicroSD card
- Powerful 2.5GHz quad-core processor and 2GB RAM
- Running Android™ KitKat 4.4.2
- MP3 player with stereo headset
- HD Voice compatible
- Dimensions: 142.0 x 72.5 x 8.1mm
- Weight: 145g
- Screen: 5.1 inch full HD Super AMOLED display 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Talk Time*: Up to 21 hours
- Standby Time*: Up to 390 hours
- Sim type: Micro-SIM
- SAR Head: 0.576 W/kg @ 10 grams
- SAR Body: 0.466 W/kg @ 10 grams