Cisco Meraki is an excellent solution for organisations that need rapid, campus-wide deployment of a secure wireless and BYOD and would like simple, centralised management without controllers.
Meraki Wireless APs serve 100+ users each and provide high capacity wireless in dense, demanding environments. Cisco Meraki APs are custom-designed for cloud management and are built with enhanced CPU and memory capabilities to enable rich services, including Layer 7 application traffic shaping at the network edge.
Industry-leading concurrent 802.11ac, such as in the MR34, and 802.11n 3-stream MIMO radios deliver aggregate data rates of up to 1.75 Gbps.
The Meraki Systems Manager is intuitive and requires no training or dedicated staff. Systems Manager works on any vendor’s network — even if the managed devices are on the road, at a café, or used at home.
Cisco Meraki Features:
- Identify unique users, iPads, and other devices
- Control bandwidth usage by application
- Locate clients with Google Maps integration
- View auto-generated reports
- 100% free mobile device management
- Distinct policies for students, faculty, and staff
- Limit BitTorrent, Netflix, etc.
- Manage users and devices
- Centrally manage Macs, PCs, and mobile devices
- Deploy applications and updates with one click
- Enforce device security and restrictions
- Scales to thousands of devices
Case Study: the All-Wireless Campus
Southern California’s Westmont College replaced 272 Aruba access points that covered only residences and dining areas with 270 Meraki APs that blanket all 111 acres of the campus.
The result: 90% of all network traffic is now wireless and 1,100 students and 300 faculty members on campus get constant connectivity, indoors and out.
IT staff use Meraki cloud-based management to troubleshoot and solve connectivity issues over the web, without specialised training.
Westmont also uses Meraki security appliances to manage and connect satellite campuses.